Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Getting Tattooed...

I had the luck to get tattooed today.  By a friend - great image: a polynesian/samoan man with face tattoos, but "civilized" with bowler hat, feather, fancy stache, and rose.  Traditional style.  I like the idea: modern savage, one primal but caught - happily or not - in the trappings of civilization.  Today was just outline and shading, but I am stoked to get it all finished.  Am trying a new healing method: wrapping it with A&D the first two nights.  I am assuming this helps healing via bedtime vitamin infusion.  So, we'll see how goes...

The west, the desert, and Native American images continue to enthrall me.  I must make it a point to read up on my history of such things, in addition to enjoying the wonderful visual vocabulary associated with this time & place.  And, on a similar note, I will be planning out a larger rib-tattoo for myself - a bucking horse with or without rider.  We are thinking of perhaps a chief or warrior with hatchet, but who knows what the final image will indeed embody.

Regardless, this image below (culled from another's blog) is both inspiring and captivating:


No comments:

Post a Comment